What was awesome about last year? Lots. But here’s a few highlights (in no particular order):
- My boys’ obsession with Spider Man. C started it and H joined in. They go to bed every night only after we “talk about the bad guys.” The Rhino is H’s fav, and C likes them all.
- “A Million Miles in a Thousand Years” by Donald Miller. Every life should tell a story. What’s yours? Hard to answer. Fun to discuss.
- “The Umbrella Academy“. I discovered this gem of a comic book mini series this year and loved it. Read both volumes. Smart. Interesting. Well drawn. Cool.
- “The War of Art” by Steven Pressfield. The Resistance. The definition of the professional artist. A challenging book that everyone who ever wanted to create something and hasn’t should read. Then get on with the creating.
- My wife. She’s just awesome. All the time. Everyday.
- We are ready to adopt. We picked an agency. We took the classes. We even got to foster an adorable baby for a few weeks. We’re on our way.
- I finished my comic “Dog Town.” The first one I’ve completed in a while. And I got to sell a few at APE with fellow comic fanboy and writing genius, Russ. If you know me, ask me for a copy. I’ve got a few.
- We’re having a baby!
- I kept my job, and dare say I even did pretty well at it. Not sure what all this time spent there will add up to, but I’m glad to have some momentum (though I still dread the word “career”).