Winning a woman’s heart is by far man’s greatest challenge. Dragons, Nazis, evil sorcerers and terrorists be damned! Wooing a woman takes twice the courage and ten times the endurance to be successful. However, it can be argued that men’s skills in this arena have deteriorated over time.
Compare these lines used by Romeo to win Juliet’s heart…
- Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight!/ For I ne’er saw true beauty till this night.
- But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
- See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O that I were a glove upon that hand, that I might touch that cheek!
- Do you believe in love at first sight, or do I need to walk by again?
- Did you have Lucky Charms for breakfast? Because you look magically delicious!
- I wanna bag you like some groceries.
It’s a wonder we’re not all alone.